Since we moved into this house two years ago, I've been trying to do something with our flower bed but I have continued to be foiled over and over again

The people who lived here before us were, for a lack of a better term, insane. They planted the oddest combinations of flowers and bushes and I've spent time undoing the things they did.

But either the plants don't seem to survive or I run out of money. (Which isn't hard to do when your husband is mostly unemployed.) 


Or both.


Only I didn't know it would find a way to sneak back into my yard while my back was turned. This spring, it was springing up everywhere.



Get it? Springing up in spring?


See all the plants with the elephant ear-sized leaves? Yeah, that's the hollyhock.


 


Last year, there was a single hollyhock bush growing that I was sure was a weed at first, particularly with the way it grew. I pulled it out because it didn't fit with anything else I was planting.


So I decided to give up, let the hollyhock take over, since that's what it wants to do and other flowers don't want to live. 

I transplanted a few, hoping they live coz they're shallow-rooted.


And took a break to enjoy the beautiful day with my cat, Binky. Cats are the greatest nature lovers. They always seem to take great joy in us being outside in "their" element with them.



Except, of course, for wildflowers and morning glory.



Brad added to the beauty of the moment when he saw this pic by asking if Binky was ... fertilizing the plants.

Nice, Brad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment